No one likes a crowded, stuffy, poorly handled management system at an event. Crowd management plays a huge impact on your customer’s experience but controlling a crowd can be a challenging task. It is important to apply this at any event to prevent any fatal, undesirable situations that could happen. With the rise of incidents taking place because of poor crowd management, this should be one of our top priorities when holding an event. To provide your attendees with the best possible experience, continue reading this blog as we will be sharing with you some pointers about crowd management:
- Stay calm: It is important to remain calm and composed in order to control a crowd systematically. If you panic, you may escalate the situation and make it difficult to manage.
- Communicate clearly: To manage a crowd effectively, it is essential that you have a loud and authoritative voice to give clear instructions to people and direct them where to go. It is beneficial to have a walkie-talkie so you can communicate with multiple people simultaneously. Although we can communicate with others by using our phones, it would be easier to use a walkie-talkie than a phone.
- Use barriers: Setting up retractable queue stands or barricades can help direct the flow of the crowd and prevent people from getting lost or going to places they shouldn’t.
- Look out for loopholes: Be aware of potential problems before they arise, such as overcrowding or bottlenecking. Take preventive measures if you need, like opening up additional exits or creating more space for people to move around.
- Work with other staff: You should always practice good communication skills with your team and coordinate everyone’s efforts to manage the crowd. To ensure that there is enough manpower in case of emergency situations
- Always have a first aid kit: In an event, if someone trips over and injures themselves, you should be able to quickly act on it and provide them with basic medical care. Having a first aid kit is important as it can help to prevent further injuries or complications before professional medical help arrives.
Remember that the safety of the crowd should always be your top priority. Use your walkie-talkie to communicate with the organiser and work with other staff to regulate the crowd to ensure everyone can be safe throughout the event.
Engage TheMeetUpSG’s events services for a hassle-free, safe and well managed event!
As an event planner in Singapore, we’re here to make sure your guests have a blast at your events but we don’t just stop there. We want you to be remembered, so we will ensure the importance of crowd management. You will be assured of a well managed event with us by your side. From dinner and dance to team building events, we do it all. If you don’t know where to start with planning your event, get in touch with us and we’ll take the heavy load off your hands.